Sunday, May 30, 2010

Side trip...

I love to take pictures, but sometimes I find, that the more pics I take of an event, the less I actually get to enjoy it. I had been stressed out with all the changes and adjustments in my life, and Ali needed to get away as well. So, my sis and I took a little overnight trip to Seattle on the 28th and 29th of May. We stayed in a hotel, and immediately went and checked out IKEA, then went and had dinner at my fav chinese restaurant The Golden Phoenix, then continued on to the Auburn Super Mall for 3 more hours of shopping! We shopped til we dropped, I think it's in our DNA. The next day we went to the Pike Place Market, and looked around. We've both been there recently, but it's still neat to check out all the crafts, etc. I found a nesting doll to add to my collection, and Ali found a beautiful cameo necklace. Then, after exhausting ourselves and our budget, we left for home. It was a really nice trip for her and I to do whatever we wanted, without children. My sis and I are like twins sometimes, we just read each others thoughts. I didn't take very many pics, I just really wanted to savor the occasion. But here are a few...





The perfect symbol of Seattle... and yes, it was raining the whole time we were there.


I think flowers are more beautiful than people any day.


My fortune from The Golden Phoenix.


Awwww, that lovely fish smell, it wouldn't be the market without it.


Scary...


More pretties... I mean flowers...





They had so many beautiful bouquets, but I didn't want to torture my sis the whole way back with her allergies, so I bought none...


Pike's Place

No comments:

Our little halflings...

Our little halflings...
Easter 2010

Visitor Map
Create your own visitor map!

About Me

My photo
Living life with five wonderful, crazy kiddos, and loving it!